Monday, January 18, 2016

review: A Seal's Touch by Tawny Weber






 A Seal's Touch is a quick read with a friends to lovers theme that I really enjoyed. This is the first book that I have read by Tawny Weber but I have a few of her other books ready on my kindle as I type this that I can't wait to read now. Although these books can be read as standalones I believe I am going to go back and start from the beginning now that I know what I have been missing out on.

 Weber's writing although quick and pleasurable also has a little more depth than just romps in bed and flirting, while still managing to stay fun despite touching on some more serious topics. It has just the right amount of angst to keep it from being too fluffy while still maintaining that light new romance feel. Plus I always love when I am reading a story that makes me say " Yes, These two are perfect for each other!" and that's exactly how I felt about Taylor and Cat. The alternating points of view made things interesting and gratifying. I found it especially delightful hearing Taylor's thoughts on wrapping his mind around Cat evolving into this beautiful woman to him from the tomboy girl that he always thought of her as. His descriptions of her and how beautiful he finds her was very sweet and made me smile. I can't wait to try out more books not only from this series but from Weber's other series as well!


** Thank you Netgalley for providing me with this digital review copy **

No comments:

Post a Comment